The Science Department emphasizes academic excellence and
the importance of developing each individual’s potential in
scientific achievement. The importance of “science literacy”
in an advanced technological society places demands on the
educational system to produce graduates with the ability to
comprehend and function effectively in that society. It is
for these reasons that we have developed a policy statement
containing the standards which we hold for our students.
Each student received a copy of these departmental and
course requirements on the first day of classes.
Essential requirements of these departmental standards are
common to all course offerings and are as follows:
1. Evaluation in science courses is based on a regular
schedule of quizzes, tests, homework, laboratory work, and
2. Notebooks are required and may be considered in the
determination of students’ grades.
3. In laboratory courses, work is required with the
completion of satisfactory written repots. Lab reports,
shall be turned in on time.
4. Homework is assigned on a regular basis and is counted
toward the students’ grades.
5. The student shall be “present and prepared” for all
classes. Work is missed during absences is made up by a
student upon return to class, and is not “excused.”
6. Under no circumstances is any behavior allowed that is
7. with safe laboratory practices.
Supervisor: Jacquelyn Moore
Joseph Bruno email@example.com
James Cavazzoni firstname.lastname@example.org
Domingo Corcuera email@example.com
Amy Delpriora firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Farrell email@example.com
Amanda Fitchett firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Kostenko email@example.com